- Looking to use your technical accounting experience to make a difference
- Interested in high quality financial reporting for non-profit organisations internationally?
- A pragmatic problem solver?
- Looking to work part time?
We are looking to recruit a technical manager to be part of a small team to deliver ground-breaking financial reporting guidance for non-profit organisations. We need someone with a CCAB or equivalent qualification to develop conceptually sound guidance, working effectively with national standards setters from across the globe.
We need an individual who can who can focus on the detail but see the bigger picture to be credible and compelling with an array of international stakeholders.
Experience of developing technical accounting standards or guidance, with strong written skills is essential and an in-depth understanding of non-profit organisations will be advantageous.
As well as strong analytical skills, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter, be able to build strong relationships and have a ‘can do’ attitude. Creativity, resilience and ability to work collaboratively are all essential attributes for this role.
This role is part time (average approx. 3 days a week) and may suit those who wish to adopt term time working or an annualised hours contract. For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills and help your transition back into the workplace. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility and support you may need.
To use your technical accounting expertise to deliver ground-breaking financial reporting guidance for non-profit organisations. Adopting international accounting standard setting processes, develop conceptually sound guidance, working effectively with national standards setters from across the globe.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is able to lead the development of content for designated topics that will contribute to stage 1 of the Guidance due to be published in 2025. This will require independent working as well as engagement with multiple stakeholders internationally. As a member of the team you will play a vital part in ensuring coherence in the overall guidance produced.
- Preparation of high quality technical papers to the project’s advisory groups to internally set deadlines;
- Provide expert research together with world-class accounting ideas and solutions to underpin the basis for credible technical guidance.
- Contribute to a proactive programme of technical development including thought leadership as part of delivering the guidance.
- Represent CIPFA on the project’s Technical Advisory Group giving expert advice and subject leadership.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with national standard setters and other key stakeholders to secure their buy in to the project.
- Develop products to engage non-profit organisations including through webinars, articles, videos and other forms of outreach.
- Support the development of training materials as the project matures.
- Provide technical support for ad hoc project work as required.
- Prioritise own time to maximize both the quantity and quality of deliverables in relation to the project.
- Ensure outputs are delivered to a high standard and meet all quality criteria including ISO accreditations, data protection compliance regulations etc as appropriate.
- Be an ambassador for CIPFA and represent the Institute as appropriate.
- Develop and nurture close working relationships to ensure cohesive and cooperative working practices across CIPFA. Comply with corporate systems and applications.
- Support the management of the project including the management of the project budget in accordance with project commitments.
Educated to degree level or equivalent (Desirable)
Membership of CCAB Institute or equivalent professional body (Essential)
- Expertise in the regulatory framework for accounting and financial reporting
- Formulate well documented technical papers to a variety of audiences including
- distilling highly technical information
- Evaluating technical issues, analysing facts, consulting and delivering solutions
- Experience of not for profit sector (Desirable)
- Experience of delivering training, public speaking/presentations (Desirable)
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent time and task management skills
- Ability to network effectively
- Strong problem solving skills and a high level of agility
- Proactive and creative, able to work under own discretion
- Takes a collaborative approach to working with others
- Resilient. Able to manage multiple stakeholders
- Flexible approach and can do attitude
- High attention to detail
Salary: up to £65,000 (full time equivalent)
Hours per week: 18 (0.5 FTE)
3 year fixed term contract